Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pineapple Cucumber Salad

While I was left with 1/2 the pineapple, which I brought 2 days back and a cucumber few days back, I thought to try this salad for this hot summer. In my childhood days, I remember tasting these spicy and sweet pineapples slices in the street side. These used to make slices and sprinkle some spicy powder. It tastes awesome and I am a great fan of it. Many of us might have tasted slitted cucumber with spicy powder sprinkled on it. I thought of making this, which I had tasted as two different snack. Just we need cut the cucumber and pineapple and then its done. Add salt when you are going to have it, else it will become watery. Kids who refuse to have fruits and vegetables will love this different combo, when served as salad.


Ingredients:

Pineapple - 2 cups (cut to small pieces)
Cucumber - 1 (cut to small pieces)
Cilantro/Corriander leaves - few sprigs (chopped)
Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - to taste

Method:

1) Place all the ingredients in a bowl.



2) Give a gentle toss and serve it immediately.



Sweet and spicy salad is ready in minutes.


13 comments:

  1. delicious dear...link it up with street party event in my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kavitha,

    pineapple and cucumber salad ???

    Different combo!!!

    Looks delicious..

    Keep on Kavitha....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..love the interesting combination... I love salads and this one promises to be sweet.. sooo yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm....wow..very innovative and different combo...

    ReplyDelete
  5. very interesting salad recipe. nice one

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious and refreshing salad.. Thanks for linking it to the event..
    Divya's Culinary Journey
    Showcase- FUN IN THE SUN

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and giving your valuable comments :) Do visit my space again for more recipes.