I am not much used to microwave cooking, other than re-heating leftover foodstuffs or boiling milk. When I came across this Only - Microwave Cooking event, thought why not cook something and gave a try. But it was very easy to cook in microwave.
Within 10 to 12 minutes I was able to complete the whole cooking process, without any messy kitchen. Also the recipe tastes delicious and could not differentiate it from stove top cooking. The pumpkin was well cooked and all ingredients added to it blended very well. It was very creamy and tastes great.
White pumpkin - 1 cup (chopped to small pieces)
Milk - 1/4 cup
Green chilli - 1 or 2 (finely chopped)
Mustard - 1/2 tsp
Urad dal - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
Salt - to taste
Oil - 1 tbsp + 1/2 tsp
Coconut - 3 tbsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Pearl onion - 2 or 3
1) In a microwave safe bowl, put 1/2 tsp of oil. Add the cut white pumpkin and give a stir. Add 1/2 cup of water to it and microwave it for 5 minutes.
2) Let it stand for a minute in microwave. Take it out and add finely chopped green chilli. Microwave for 1 minute.
3) Then take it out and add the milk and ground coconut paste (Grind all ingredients under "For grinding"). Also add the salt and microwave it for about 2 minutes.
4) Take it out and keep aside. In another microwave safe bowl, do the tempering. Take 1 tbsp oil in a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds.
5) Take it out and add the mustard seeds. Microwave it for 1 minute.
6) Take it and add urad dal and curry leaves. Microwave for 1 minute.
7) Add the tempering to the pumpkin mixture. Mix it and microwave it for 2 mins.
Creamy and delicious white pumpkin milk kootu is ready now.