Schezwan is Chinese cuisine originated in Sichuan. The sauce we prepare in this is the main spice flavor for this rice. You can make this sauce and store in refrigerator. This sauce can be used for making Schezwan noodles and many other Schezwan recipes. I made it less spicy, by decreasing the red chillies, as we are not much spice lovers. If you a real spice lover, then you will love this.
Cooked Basmati rice - 2 bowls
Carrot - 1/4 cup (chopped)
Capsicum/Bell Pepper - 1/4 cup (chopped)
Cabbage - 1/4 cup (chopped)
Garlic - 3 or 4 pods (finely chopped)
Spring onion/Green onion - 1/2 bunch (finely chopped)
Salt - to taste
Oil - 2 tbsp
For Schezwan Sauce:
Red chilli - 8 to 10 (increase or decrease depending on your spice flavor)
Garlic pods - 3 or 4
Sugar - 1 tsp
White vinegar - 2 tsp
Gingelly oil/Sesame oil - 2 tsp
Warm water - 1 cup
1) First to make the schezwan sauce, soak the red chillies in warm water for about 10 minutes. Then remove the red chillies from water. Place the red chillies, garlic pods, sugar, white vinegar and sesame oil in a blender .
2) Make a fine paste of it. This is the Schezwan sauce. Keep it aside. (You can also make this paste in large quantities and keep refrigerated)
3) Now heat a pan, add oil and add finely chopped garlic.
4) Add the chopped vegetables.
5) Saute ir well and let it cook for 3 to 5 mins. Then add the schezwan sauce.
6) Also add necessary salt and half of the chopped spring onions.
7) Saute for few mins and add the cooked rice. Mix it well.
Chinese Schezwan fried rice is all set to taste.
Ready to dig into it.