Spongy and fluffy cupcake can be made in a very easy way, without using egg.
All purpose flour / Maida - 1 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Milk - 1/2 cup
Unsalted Butter - 1 stick (1/2 cup)
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
Note: Can use vegetable oil, instead of butter.
1) Preheat oven to 350 deg F/180 deg C.
2) In a bowl, take the butter. See, if the butter is in room temperature.
3) Add 1/2 cup sugar to the butter.
4) Blend it very well and add 1/2 cup milk to it.
5) Add 1 cup all purpose flour.
6) Then add 1 tsp baking powder.
7) Then add 1/2 tsp of baking soda to it.
8) Also add 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
9) Blend everything very well until you get a creamy texture. In a cupcake pan, arrange the cupcake mould. Pour the mixture in the mould. Do not fill the whole cup, so as to give space for the cake to rise.
10) Place it in the oven for about 18 to 20 minutes.
11) Now the fluffy and spongy cupcake is almost ready.
12) Remove it from the oven and let it cool for few minutes.
Now the cupcake is ready to eat.