This is the first time, I am trying a recipe with gongura leaves. Never seen gongura leaves even before. Usually I used to get store made gongura pickles. While I was to shopping last week, I found a big bunch of gongura leaves. Even if I had no idea of making any recipes of it, I grabbed a bunch, as I had a friend from Hydrebad here. This recipe is from Suma, who shared this with me and great thanks Suma, for sharing this recipe. It came out very well and love the homemade, tangy and spicy chutney.
Gongura leaves - 1 bunch
Red chilli - 8 to 10
Peanut - 3 tbsp (roasted)
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Oil - 1 tbsp
1) Pick the leaves and wash it. Then heat a pan, and roast it for about 4 to 5 mins. Keep it aside and let it cool.
2) Now heat a pan, add oil. Also add cumin seeds and red chillies.
3) Saute it very well and add the peanuts.
4) Roast it for 2 mins and add the gongura leaves.
5) Roast it for about 3 to 5 mins.
6) Let it cool and grind to a smooth paste, by adding salt to it.
Tangy and spicy gongura chutney is ready to taste.