Making kids have healthy veggies is really a tedious job. Most of all it depends on their mood and taste. Kids prefer fried items a lot. But we can't give fried stuffs very often. So we can try this tikki, which seems to be like fried snack, but not actually. It consumes very little oil and gives a great taste. My duaghter loved this, that too with ketchup attracted her a lot.
Potato - 2 (boiled & mashed)
Carrot - 1 (grated)
Paneer/Cottage cheese - 1/4 cup (scrambled)
Corn flour - 3 to 4 tbsp
Chilli powder - 2 tsp
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
Cilantro/Corriander leaves - few
Salt - to taste
Oil - 3 tbsp
1) In a pan, add 1 tbsp oil. Add carrot, potato, paneer/cottage cheese, chilli powder, garam masala powder and cilantro.
2) Mix well and fry for about 3 to 5 minutes and add salt. Give a nice stir and let it cool.
3) Then transfer this to a bowl and add corn flour.
4) Mix well and make a soft dough (increase or decrease the corn flour to get the consistency)
5) Now heat a tawa. Take a lemon size ball and make desired shapes, by placing in your palms.
6) Add some oil in the tawa and toast both the sides.
Healthy and delicious carrot paneer tikki is ready and kids with love this, if served with tomato ketchup.