Sunday, June 3, 2012

Vegetable Macaroni

Macaroni is one variety of pasta. As of noodles, pasta is one of the most favorite recipe for kids. Kids get attracted to this with their shapes. They enjoy eating foods with different shapes. When I made this, my daughter loved it. Very simple to make, but very tasty recipe.



Ingredients:

Macaroni - 1 cup (I used elbow macaroni)
Carrot - 1/2 (finely chopped)
Capsicum/Bell Pepper - 1/2 (finely chopped)
Cabbage - 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
Onion - 1 (finely chopped)
Garlic - 2 or 3 cloves (finely chopped)
Soy sauce - 1 tsp
Chilli sauce - 2 tsp
Tomato sauce - 3 tsp
Cilantro/Corriander leaves - to garnish
Salt - to taste
Oil - 2 tbsp

Method:

1) Boil 1 cup of macroni in hot water for about 8 to 10 minutes.



2) Strain the water and keep the macaroni aside.



3) Now heat a pan, add oil. Then add the chopped garlic and onion.



4) Saute it until it becomes translucent and add the chopped vegetables.



5) Also add the soy sauce, chilli sauce, tomato sauce and salt.



6) Mix it well and let the vegetables cook for about 3 to 5 minutes.



7) Now add the boiled macaroni and mix well. Leave it in low flame for about 3 mins.



8) Finally garnish with cilantro.



Kids favorite macaroni is ready now.


7 comments:

  1. woow. lovely and delicious mac and cheese

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious and lovely clicks:)Happily following your space..:-)do visit my space in your free time :-)
    http://indiantastyfoodrecipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really yum! Kids will definitely like it.... :)

    Nice blog, now joining you..

    Do visit my space- ManjuzKitchen.blogspot.in

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, let me know if I can publish this recipe in my emagazine DNS, DNS is promoting food bloggers from India by publishing recipes from Indian blogs based on a monthly theme giving full credit to the author/blog.
    if you are ok then mail me your short bio and pasta/spaghetti recipe to ver.neha@hotmail.com
    Check my website here www.dinenshare.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is look very delicious and yummy... I will try it this dish !!!!!!!
    Indian Breakfast Recipes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and giving your valuable comments :) Do visit my space again for more recipes.