Wish You All Happy Independence Day :)
This tricolor poriyal is a very usual poriyal in my home and my mom used to make this very often. It is very colorful and even tastes great. Also I used to make this poriyal often.
Carrot - 2 (finely chopped)
Green Peas - 1/2 cup
Cabbage - 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
Onion - 1/2 (finely chopped)
Dhania/Corriander powder - 1 tsp
Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Coconut - 2 tbsp (grated)
Mustard - 1/2 tsp
Urad dal - 1 tsp
Cilantro/Corriander leaves - few sprigs (for garnishing)
Salt - to taste
Oil - 1 tbsp
1) Heat a pan, add oil and add mustard. Once it splutters, add urad dal. Then add finely chopped onion.
2) Saute it until translucent and add the veggies.
3) Saute for a minute and add the dry powders along with salt.
4) Mix it well and add water and let it cook.
5) Once it gets cooked well, add grated coconut and cilantro.
Colorful tricolor poriyal is all set to taste.